ReThink Red Deer and The Canadian Association for Rainwater Management presented an Intro to Rainwater Harvesting Seminar and Tour on Thursday, May 17 through Friday, May 18. This opportunity was made possible thanks to funding from the Alberta Real Estate Foundation.
The rain barrel sale held on Saturday, May 19 at the Red Deer Public Market (Memorial Centre, Red Deer) was a great success - we sold approximately 50 rain barrels. 50% of the sale proceeds are going towards the PenX Green Teens (Penhold School) for the pollinator garden project!
The fully plumbed, 55gal (208L) rain barrels were on sale for $75 each, overflow / connecting hoses were an additional $15.
If you were unable to make it to the Sale or just learned about it now, please contact Sarah Grass at sarah (at) rethinkreddeer.ca
If enough people are interested, we may be able to host another sale on the Canada Day long weekend.
If you purchased a rain barrel but weren't able to attend the Tour and Intro Seminar, please see the infographic below for some basics.
If you have any questions on:
- Rain Barrel repair or parts - Dirk, Co-Owner of The Barrelman Inc. at thebarrelman (at) telus.net or call 1-403-969-3786 (DRUM)
- Safe rain barrel management - Rene Michalak, Project Lead with ReThink Red Deer at info (at) rethinkreddeer.ca
Rain Barrel Details:
- supplied by The Barrelman Inc.
- white- or blue-coloured, food-grade barrels
- 4” screened opening on the lid
- ¾” garden hose spigot at the bottom
- 1 ¼” connector/overflow on each side
- 1 ¼” adapter and plug
- City of Red Deer Rain Barrel Rebate Program-eligible
Click to Enlarge Image