Celebrate the summer solstice with Cows and Fish and ReThink Red Deer at the Kerry Wood Nature Centre!
In support of ReThink Red Deer's "ReFraming the WaterShed" project, this event is presented by Cows & Fish - the Alberta Riparian Habitat Management Society.
Staff from Cows and Fish will share their years of experience in working with communities and landowners across Alberta. You'll learn how to understand successful engagement approaches, motivations, processes, impediments, timing, training and monitoring for projects that make a difference. Plus, how evaluation results direct their field-proven approach.
This is a valuable opportunity to discuss and learn from Cows and Fish’s experience in awareness and extension work. Attend to learn more about communications, outreach, and how people’s perceptions and values influence how messages are heard. You will have numerous opportunities to discuss real life challenges and successes you have encountered, in addition to hearing staff members' perspectives and experiences.
Lunch provided - but registration required. We have space for about 30 people so don't delay!
This opportunity was made possible thanks to funding from the Alberta Real Estate Foundation.
9:45am - Registration
10:00am - 10:15am
10:15am - 11:10am
- Talking with People: the Art and Science of Communicating with Landowners - Lessons Learned
- Discussion - sharing other lessons learned and discussing challenges
11:10am - 12:15pm
- Delivering Unpopular Messages
- Discussion - sharing experiences in delivering unpopular messages more effectively
12:15 - 1:00pm - Lunch
1:00pm - 1:50pm
- Knowing Your Audience Because Words and Content Matter
- Discussion - other considerations you have learned about your audiences
1:50pm - 2:45pm
- Working in and with Communities - Building Capacity
- Discussion & Organizing for Engagement Checklist (Optional) - (Freshwater Alliance)
2:45pm - 2:50pm - final closing comments
2:50pm - 3:00pm - evaluation
3:00pm - Depart for Home