(DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Wednesday, January 10 - 6pm to 9pm at Red Deer College - room 2905 (Free to Attend)
This seminar is in support and preparation for the 2018 Garbage-Free February Challenge, hosted by ReThink Red Deer.
It's perfect for individuals and families of all sizes!
You'll learn and experience how to drastically reduce household trash, single-use plastics, needless toxic cleaning products, and processed foods.
Guest speakers include:
Rene Michalak - Garbage-Free February founder
Part 1: It’s Time to Reduce Waste
- Understanding Linear & Circular Economies
- How Much Do Canadians Waste?
- Where Does It Go?
- How Does Your Community Stack Up?
Part 2: Introducing Red Deer's Waste Management Master Plan
- How Can You Participate?
- Plastics and plastic pollution
- How to make less trash
- Home methods and organization for less waste
- Cleaning and personal care solutions
- How to live as an empowered consumer
Part 3: Beyond Recycling to Reduce, Reuse, and Rethink!
- Why Reduce and Reuse?
- How to Rethink
- Brainstorm: Ideas for Community Action
Part 4: Conclusion and Next Steps
YOU'LL ALSO LEARN HOW TO:
- Make toothpowder/paste, nut milk, and cleaning products
- Organize your kitchen to easily and cost effectively prepare simple meals from whole foods
- Shop zero waste and how to limit your trash when traveling
- Simplify and de-clutter your life
- Use the resources available through the Recycling Council of Alberta