(DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
This workshop is in support and preparation for the 2018 Garbage-Free February Challenge, hosted by ReThink Red Deer.
It's perfect for individuals and families of all sizes!
You'll learn and experience how to drastically reduce household trash, single-use plastics, needless toxic cleaning products, and processed foods.
Part 1: It’s Time to Reduce Waste
- Understanding Linear & Circular Economies
- How Much Do Canadians Waste?
- Where Does It Go?
- How Does Your Community Stack Up?
Part 2: Introducing Red Deer's Waste Management Master Plan
- How Can You Participate?
- Plastics and plastic pollution
- How to make less trash
- Home methods & organization for less waste
- Cleaning & personal care solutions
- How to live as an empowered consumer
Part 3: Beyond Recycling to Reduce, Reuse, and Rethink!
- Why Reduce and Reuse?
- How to Rethink
- Brainstorm: Ideas for Community Action
Part 4: Conclusion and Next Steps
- Take on the Garbage-Free February Challenge
- Attend the EcoLiving Fair + Workshops
YOU'LL ALSO LEARN HOW TO:
- Make toothpowder/paste, nut milk, and cleaning products
- Organize your kitchen to easily and cost effectively prepare simple meals from whole foods
- Shop zero waste and how to limit your trash when traveling
- Simplify and de-clutter your life
- Use the resources available through by the Recycling Council of Alberta
Red Deer, AB