(DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
This workshop is in support and preparation for the 2018 Garbage-Free February Challenge, hosted by ReThink Red Deer.
You'll learn and experience how to drastically reduce trash, single-use plastics, and needless toxic cleaning products with a focus on businesses and organizations.
Guest speakers include:
Christina Seidel - Recycling Council of Alberta
(listen to Christina's recent interview on the Ryan Jespersen Show - 630 CHED)
Part 1: It’s Time to Reduce Waste
- Understanding Linear & Circular Economies
- How Much Do Canadians Waste?
- Where Does It Go?
- How Does Your Community Stack Up?
Part 2: Introducing Red Deer's Waste Management Master Plan
- How Can You Participate?
- Plastics and plastic pollution
- How to make less trash and work towards zero waste operations
- Business methods and organization for less waste
Part 3: Beyond Recycling to Reduce, Reuse, and Rethink!
- Why Reduce and Reuse?
- How to Rethink
- Brainstorm: Ideas for Business Community Action
Part 4: Conclusion and Next Steps
YOU'LL ALSO LEARN HOW TO:
Use the resources available through by the Recycling Council of Alberta
- Complete a waste assessment of typical business / organization operations
Red Deer, AB