WHAT DOES “COLLABORATIVE CONSUMPTION” MEAN?
A new economic model has arrived. Named by TIME as one of the “10 Ideas That Will Change the World”, collaborative consumption describes the shift in consumer values from ownership to access. Together, entire communities and cities around the world are using network technologies to do more with less by renting, lending, swapping, bartering, gifting and sharing products on a scale never before possible. From Airbnb to Zipcar to Taskrabbit, collaborative consumption is transforming business, consumerism and the way we live for a more fulfilling and sustainable quality of life.
WHAT IS COLLABORATIVECONSUMPTION.COM?
Collaborative Consumption.com is the comprehensive online resource for collaborative consumption worldwide and network for the global community. The Collaborative Consumption Team curates news, content, events, jobs, studies and resources from key media outlets and industry blogs, as well as produces original content. Global Curators cover the latest in collaborative consumption from every mountain top and sea, and their Directory features a searchable database of companies from every sector and service.
WHO IS COLLABORATIVE CONSUMPTION?
Starting with when Rachel Botsman co-authored What’s Mine Is Yours, The Collaborative Consumption Team has spent the past four years passionately building a shared understanding of the enormous social, economic and environmental potential of collaborative consumption. They’ve been to every continent (except Antarctica, though penguins have potential) to work with, learn from, and create a global network for entrepreneurs, businesses and governments. Learn more about who’s involved here.
- Sign-up for our twice-monthly e-newsletter on latest news, events, jobs and opportunities
- Add your local example of collaborative consumption to the global Directory
- Join the #collcons conversation and share news @CollCons
- Follow along and chat with other collaborative consumption fans on Facebook
- Tap into the wisdom of the collaborative consumption community on Quora
- Still want more?? Check out the YouTube channel for videos and animations